I'm writing this morning not because I am inspired, but simply because I need to talk to somebody and it is too unearthly of an hour for a real human being to be awake and/or coherent (except for me apparently). Even if Cheryl ( my room mate) was awake, she would be in no mood for my alert conversational rampage. So I will resort to the blogging world.
I didn't sleep at all this past eve'. And I'm sad about it. Not the type of sad where I feel like crying or being all emotional. Just the type of sad where I'm a tad disappointed. I suppose it was my fault for the lack of shut eye that was experienced. You see, I'm just coming off my night rotation and instead of sleeping less yesterday afternoon after work, to try to turn my self around, I missed my alarm and slept nearly until 5pm! Hence, my body felt like I should be up and working, shooting beams of radiation at any patient that comes into my presence, aiming for the perfect odontoid (google "open mouth odontoid view" if you are curious), or simply just watching lame info-mercials at 3 in the morning. So instead of sleeping, I tossed and turned thinking of wedding plans and bridesmaid dresses, and the next perfect slow cooker meal. I thought of how I should fold my laundry in my basket or how I was craving a baby bell cheese and an apple.
I got up and read my bible and yes, I did treat myself to a baby bell and an apple. I played minesweeper for a bit. I even hummed my childhood lullaby.
All this to no avail.
Finally I decided to get up and be productive.... I folded my laundry.....
So here I sit, drinking my second cup of coffee and licking the remains of Nutella off my finger tips. It is only 630.......
I will probably drink a few more cups of coffee this morning, after all I am going bridesmaid dress shopping with two of my main ladies this am.
No comments:
Post a Comment