Monday, February 7, 2011

I'm Going to the Chapel...

Guess what!   I'm getting married!!    On January 28th Lance asked me to marry him and it was the cutest, most romantic thing ever!

Let me tell you....

Lance had driven into Regina on Thursday the 27th while I was working evenings.  Unfortunately I was unable to see him but I was excited to see him on Friday.   He had said that we were going for Lunch but I had to find him.    I was excited about this, because knowing Lance he was planning something fun!

 So Friday morning I get a text message at 11:24 that says,  "Alright I hope you are ready for this, you can leave  on this random adventure.  Go start your car and scrape your windshield."   I had butterflies!     I went to my car and it was completely frost free  "ha... I'm not scraping my windshield"  I thought to myself!   So I got in my car and started it and I look up and see a little envelope under my wiper blade.    I get out and read it.   (I won't tell you everything it said but here is a summary)    It told me to got to Java Express in the South end, which is close to where I live.   He wrote that he looks forward to many reading dates and time in devotion and prayer with me.   The note said I would receive two small gifts and a free beverage.   So I get to Java and I walk up to the counter and a young lad is taking orders.    I lean forward and discretely say, "uh.... I know this might sound weird, but I'm supposed to pick up some gifts and have a free drink...."   He just looks at me....    I get flustered....     I look around and see my friend Sharmaine who works at Java.    "Sharmaine!    Do you know whats going on?   I'm supposed to pick something up."    After making me get really specific about who and what and why she finally gave in  "oh yes!   I have a card right here and here are two roses and you get a drink too!"    We exchanged plenty of giddy banter back and forth and I went to my car.  

The second card read "The first time I remember meeting you we were playing frisbee at the Legislature.   We have also enjoyed walking around the lake and yes even celebrating your first birthday here in Regina.  Look for your room mate and receive a small gift"   So off to the Legislature I go... I have tears welling up in my eyes and butterflies doing cartwheels in my stomach!    I pull up to the Leg and I see Cheryl's car!   I get out... she gets out...  she is holding two more roses and another card!   I start crying and crying!!!     She is sort of giggling at me and I gave her a hug.   She claims I gave here 3 hugs...    I don't remember that part lol.    

So the third card reads "I asked you out on the little bench by the lake at the Conexus art center.   We walked the geese and discussed the low water levels (lol)...  I was so nervous."   So I went to the Conexus art center and there waiting for me was Brett,  Lance's room mate and he had two more roses and a card.  

The forth card read "The first thing I asked out out to was the Rough Rider game but 'just as friends'.   That lasted all of 3 days after that.  Go to the Ticket office."      So as I'm driving to the Rough rider ticket office  I realize,  I have no idea where I am going....    I texted Lance and all he said was by the west stands.    uh.....    thanks?    haha.    I knew the general area of where to go ,  it was the exact street that was the problem.   As I neared the area I literally looked up in the skyline and found "Mosaic Stadium"  and followed it from there.     When I got into the office I walked up the counter and awkwardly asked for a free gift!    The older lady at the counter just smiled at me and said....."oh yes...   where did we put that....    MARY!!   Where did we put that scavenger hung thing!?   Oh here it is!"    She passed me two roses and a card!    I went to my car and read it.

  It told me to go to the RCMP Depot.   This is where Lance and I had our first unofficial date.    He surprised me with a picnic lunch and a tour around the grounds.      This time the card told me to to go the museum and watch a movie in the theatre.    As I'm driving to depot,  I'm crying and laughing and excited!    I pull up to the museum and walk inside.    Once again I was preparing myself for the awkward question of "can you please give me my gift?"   Instead all I could muster up was "uhhhhhmmmmmm......."   The lady at the information booth smiled sooo big and said "umm is right missy,  come with me!"     She led me to the theatre which was blocked off for private viewing and when we got inside she said "I'm sure you could find your seat..."   I look around and in the middle of the Theatre on one of the chairs was another bouquet of roses and a card.     In the card Lance told me how much he misses me when we are apart and that he knows that I am his best friend.    etc etc etc etc.     I was crying....

 and then the movie started.      It was his troops march from his RCMP depot grad.    well it was like a minute clip of it.    The movie stopped just as his troop came full circle and stopped in a line right before the camera.   Then Lance walks into the theatre, dressed in his full Serge uniform.   I had never seen him dressed in it before so this was very special!    He walked over to me and got down on one knee and asked "Lanah,  will you marry me?"  
AHHH!!!!!     This was my answer, "oh my goodness!  YES!   Oh my goodness,  oh my goodness,  oh my goodness,  oh my goodness,  oh my goodness...   etc etc."   I was so happy I was tearing up and laughing and so excited!    

And that dear friends is my engagement story.   I will post a picture soon of us and what my ring looks like!    Stay tuned for wedding planning posts!!!

2 comments: