Up until a few weeks ago, Lance and I had no idea what God had in store for us. Was Lance going to get a transfer with the RCMP? Was he going to get hired with the Regina City Police? Was he going to switch careers? Was he going to stay where he his and I would move up there after we are married?
Three weeks ago I started having thoughts of peace and excitement to move up to Northern Alberta and meet new people. As soon as I would have these thoughts I would say to myself, "I don't want to go up there, thats not in my plan and it would mess everything up. PLUS I would be so far from everything." But thoughts of peace kept entering my mind. I continued to pray that God would reveal His will to us and provide us with employment wherever it may be.
The following week, Lance received news that there was no chance of a transfer and couple of days after, The Regina police told him that they wouldn't be hiring any experienced officers this year. I was devastated and RELIEVED !!! I didn't want to move away but I was ok with it because we finally only had one option on the table and we knew which direction God was taking us. God had prepared my heart the entire previous week for this very moment! Praise the Lord.
But He didn't stop there........
For the next week and a half I had nights of lost sleep and anxiety. I was worrying about giving up my job here, moving to a forsaken land and being at the bottom of the pyramid with no opportunity. I finally realized what I was thinking and thought "why am I being 'anxious for nothing' and why am I not giving 'everything to God in prayer'. Don't I know that God will give me 'peace that transcends all understanding' that He has promised to 'guard my heart and my mind''. After I realized this, I was able to feel God's peace and know that He would take care of me, of us. A couple of days later, yesterday to be exact, I phoned the manager at the Hospital in the city where Lance is currently living. After playing a couple of rounds of phone tag, we finally were able to speak to one another. I introduced who I am and what I was looking for and she was filled with excitement. She explained that there were currently two casual positions posted, two mat leaves coming up in the fall and if everything was filled then she would create a casual position and fill it with me!
I am so excited, GOD IS SO GOOD!
So begins my adventure, I am filled with excitement, and yes even some nerves. But I know that my trust and faith in my Lord is so important and I look forward to what he has in store for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment