Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Adventure

Wednesday November 24th: 4:10am
I woke up and got ready for a three day adventure

5:35am
Show up at the air port check my bag,  and head to my gate

6:35 am
Board Air Canada Jazz, Calgary bound  (I'm getting closer!)

As I sit down in my seat,  I notice a nice looking young lady giving me an odd but forgiving look.   From behind her I see a Radiologist that I work with, peak out from behind her.    Realization overwhelms me and my face becomes flushed.    I had sat in the wrong seat,   I stole Dr. Smith's* seat.  I moved ahead one row,  and made small talk for a little bit

7:40am (Alberta time)  
I board my connecting flight to Fort McMurray!!    

9:30am
I walk through the doors of a very,   shall I say,  humble looking airport?   One might say that you feel like a movie star,  or the president walking off of a plane on the runway.    But there weren't rows of saluting soldiers,  or officials in black suits,  black sunglasses or even ear pieces, awaiting my arrival on the tarmac.    The only one standing out there was a lady bundled up in a parka with a reflective orange vest on.  I definitely was no movie star.   It wasn't until I walked through the doors of the above mentioned humble abode that I felt like someone important.   Inside,  was a young gent, smiling at me.   He was waiting just for me!  

10:00am
The young gent, took me in his car and toured me around his city.   (don't worry,  I know this young gent,  and he didn't take me hostage.  I was safe the entire adventure)  He showed me things like where we works and where he goes to church.

Ok,  I don't need to give you a play by play of what happened in the two and a half days following.   But I do want to tell you (whoever you are,  I don't even know who reads this),  that I had so much fun!  I learned to crochet!  I met lots of great people!   And best of all,  I got to see the bf.    We had lots of laughs,  and lots of great chats.  

Friday November 26th 5:50pm
I board the plane en route to Calgary.   I felt pretty out numbered being one out of 2 women boarding a completely sold out plane.   I played a game with myself while I was sitting at the gate.    I chose one person who I thought out of anyone would be a possible terrorist.    Little did I know that I would be sitting right next to this individual.    eeekkk.......     Upon closer examination, this man was very kind and was only supporting Movember.   So I cut him some slack.  

11:30pm (Sask time)
Land in Regina,    Sad that the adventure is over and that I have to go back to work in the morning.   But happy to let my head rest on the pillow.

Hopefully I have another adventure soon!  

*Name changed for privacy

2 comments: