Wednesday, November 17, 2010

learning to take it in stride

Have you ever had a day where you felt like absolutely nothing could make it bad?   I had one of those days today.    

I woke up way too late,  but I was happy because I haven't slept late in what feels like a lifetime.   

I got a text message from my dear mother telling me that she found my flight information for an upcoming trip that I am going on.   She proceeded to inform me that my return ticket is booked for December instead of November.    But I just laughed and called the booking company and fixed it.    Don't get me wrong,   a moment of panic most definitely ensued.   And yes,   I did have to bite my lip when the booking agent told me that I would have to pay a ghastly dollar figure more.    But the idea of seeing a dear friend made the whole mistake worth it.  

I went Christmas shopping today and slowly meandered up and down the isles.  Taking my time in each store and not worrying about the time.    On the way home, my room mate and I were stuck in rush hour traffic, which normally would make me antsy and annoyed.   But today I just sat back and enjoyed the blissful sound of Josh Groban's rendition of "I'll be home for Christmas" and admired the enormous snowflakes gently landing on my window.  

Too often we get caught up in the idea that we have to do things the fastest, and find the easiest and/or shortest way to do it.     Today was one of those days that I just decided I would  enjoy it however God would decide to give it to me.        

Today was a lovely day.    You should try it sometime!   

No comments:

Post a Comment